Natural Minor: this scale uses the same notes as the corresponding major scale, e.g. the A natural minor scale (ABCDEFGA) uses the same notes as the C major scale (CDEFGABC). All 3rds are minor thirds in this tuning so both chords (blow and draw) are minor chords. The minor mode sounds “sad” and all melodies played on this harmonica will automatically sound in minor. This tuning allows you to play minor tunes intuitively in first and in 2nd position.
Please Note: Seydel label the Natural Minor according to 2 draw (2nd position). e.g. A nat minor (2nd position) = D nat minor (1st position) If you are playing in A nat minor 2nd position, just choose the harmonica labelled in this key.
Tip: You can try to play in the corresponding major key as well which starts in 3 draw (also called 11th position) – this position is a challenge to play on a Richter, but works perfect on the Natural Minor tuning variant!
The Session Steel is the improved version of Seydel’s popular Session and includes stainless steel reeds which are a feature of their more expensive harmonicas.
Features of the new Session Steel include:
• Ergonomic cover plates made of stainless steel, completely rounded at the mouthpiece
• ABS plastic comb with recessed nickel silver reed plates
• Rivets and screws made of stainless steel
• Lips and beard friendly design
• Minimal air pressure is required, achieved by fine-cut reed plates, optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reed plate
• Stainless steel reeds provide the best clear and full sound and response of the 1847 models
•Up to five times longer playing life compared to models with brass reeds
• With a convenient, real leather pouch