Finally there is a harmonica with expanded tonal range, that plays as well as a ten-hole diatonic! This Solist Pro 12 Steel – now with stainless steel reeds – combines the features of the 1847 models with those of the Seydel Low and Superlow harmonicas.
• The notes in holes 1-3 correspond to holes 1-3 of Seydel’s Low- or Superlow harmonicas – the notes in holes 4-12 are taken from holes 1-9 of the normal 1847 models (except keys C & A: Notes 1-3 are the usual notes of a standard A/C and 1 -9 are taken from a HC/HA)*
• convenient handling though there are two holes more brass reed plates optimized for loudness and extreme air tightness.
• a very responsive wooden body and multiple coats of sealant for a resistant finish
• German Silver reed plates
• Stainless Steel reeds in holes 1-12
The Seydel Solist Pro 12 Steel is small enough to fit into the players hands to give the feeling of holding a 10-hole diatonic. This enables for full-cupped playing. The additional bass octave allows playing rhythms. There are many opportunities to play in octaves, too.
Available in keys C*, A*, Low C and Low D.